Every jeweler starts somewhere.
This page is where I will share information that I have learned over the years.
What is “Jewelry Vocabulary“? The jewelry trade has a vast vocabulary of words and if you are new to the trade, it can be a bit confusing. This page will help you with understanding the vocabulary that is specific to the jewelry trade. Arranged alphabetically you can jump to a particular section.
In the mean time, I will have the following site map with links to my old website pages.
Loosely grouped by content.
- The Livingston Jewelers Homepage. Just like it sounds
- My Cuff, Bracelet, and Bangle Sizing Measurement Guide
- My Font Choice Guide
- The Art and Jewelry of Gerald Livings
- A classic, historical book about glove making. Practical Glove Making by Isabel M. Edwards
- The Jewelry Deconstructed Blog at Livingston Jewelers
- Important Class Information and handouts for the stuff I teach
- Determining Ring Blank Lengths is easier if you use this table
- A collection of Shop Tips for Bench Jewelers
- Determining Your Ring size . A cross reference for different countries
- Determining Metal Gauge These charts are crucial tools
- Approximating the Length of Oval Bezels. Working but I still need to tweak it
- Important Information About Annealing jewelry Metals
- Understanding the Difference between ‘Finish’ and ‘Texture’ for the Jeweler
- How to Mix an Alloy of gold and silver
- How to pick the correct blade size when sawing
- Jerry’s Gemstone and Jewelry Cleaning Guide. The best guide in my opinion
- Diamond Carat Weight Grading using the GIA system
- Diamond Clarity Grading using the GIA system
- Diamond Color Grading using the GIA system
- Diamond Cut Grading using the GIA system
- All about Jewelry saw blades Charts and history
- all about drillbits for jewelers
- So you want to “Cite This” page. The info on how I do the bibliographic links